SOCIAL MEDIA

Shop My New In

Monday 25 July 2016

Lifestyle | 10 Things That Make Me Happy

Isobel Celine

As I'm slowly getting back to my organised self after a couple of dips in my happiness lately, I thought I would pull together a post filled with positivity and things that make me happy as a person and to  hopefully inspire you guys and make you also feel happier.


Isobel Celine
Isobel Celine

1. Seeing My Friends

This is one of the top things (hence why it's at number one) that makes me at my happiest. I love having days out with my best friends. The day we shot this outfit, we were walking through Memorial Park and sat on the fields on a beautiful sunny day (it later rained on us, but that didn't spoil the fun) and had a picnic in the sunshine. It seems to be an annual thing for us in June to have a picnic. We tend to do a load of random challenges with different foods, including the chubby bunny challenge, make a crisp and marsh mellow sandwich, marsh mellow fight and loads more hilarious challenges. My friends just make me so happy. I can be my complete weird and random self around them and they still love me for who I am, same goes for them. I love them so much, and I wouldn't want them to change for anything.

Isobel Celine
Isobel Celine

2. Shopping

How is it that shopping makes us girls, and some boys, so happy?! The feeling of buying/treating yourself to something new or luxurious, just makes you feel so good about yourself. I do treat myself every now and again for all the hard work I've been doing. Mainly once or twice a month I do this, whether it's something small, or even a luxurious piece. I love to shop online more than in stores now, especially for accessories, due to all the discount codes and sales going about lately, it's always better shopping the sale online, as well as in store. Shopping is just a good therapy thing for me as it makes me feel better somehow.

Isobel Celine

Especially when I find on trend pieces for an absolute bargain, that's something that really lifts my spirits, like this kimono from Sammy Dress. This is definitely a nice summery twist on the embroidery trend going on lately. I love how nice and lightweight and cool this is in the hot weather. It was a perfect cover up for over my crochet bralette. The design of the embroidery is beautiful too. Something I have to mention is, considering how far away this company is, they got the item shipped to me within 7 days with standard shipping! No more waiting 15-25 days for your items with this company! You all should know by now, I do love Sammy Dress with their clothing recently, and especially at the prices and the quality getting better and better each time I order!

Isobel Celine

3. Listening to music

Listening to positive music, or something with a catchy beat that makes me just want to sing and dance in my bedroom (who doesn't do this when they're alone?!). It's an instant mood changer for me, especially if I'm having a down day, I'll just plug in my headphones and zone out until my moods change to a positive one. All depending on my mood, say if I'm in a depressed/emotional mood, I love to listen to Ed Sheeran, but if I'm in a dancing and positive mood, it'll be more like club or pop music that I listen to. I also love listening to rock music, especially Linkin Park, Bring Me The Horizon etc. What music do you like to listen to?

Isobel Celine

4. Cooking new things

Now this is quite a recently new thing I've been trying out with my boyfriend. I love finding new recipes to try on Pinterest, and my gosh have I found some delicious recipes to try out.

Isobel Celine

5. Creating new outfits

As silly as this may sound to some people, but when I create a new outfit with pieces that I've worn so many times, it feels good that I can rework the same pieces over and over again and they still look awesome, but with a different style. Even if it's a piece of clothing that has a crazy pattern on it, I love to rework different pieces of clothing. The best part of creating a new outfit, is that you feel good in it too. Now who doesn't want to feel good in their own clothes, especially a sassy newly created outfit like this one.

Isobel Celine
Isobel Celine

6. Exploring new places

Sometimes I like to go off the beaten track so to speak sometimes, and try out new places I've never been to before. Whether that meaning going to a new town, village or even a new country, I love to explore new things and learn new and exciting things. It helps to create new memories that you'll always keep and finding out your new favourite spots, like I've been doing lately. I recently found a cute new spot by a pond with my boyfriend, which we love to visit on a nice day.

Isobel Celine

7. Cleaning & re-organising

This is something that really keeps my mind clearer as well as making me happier, as I know that everything is organised and clean. Whether that being my work space is clean and tidy, as well as kept to an organised state to my liking. Cleaning is also a good way for me to feel cleaner myself. I swear I have a case of OCD, as I can't sit in an untidy environment without fidgeting or feeling the need to tidy everything up. Even my friends know that untidy things makes something tick inside of me, so they understand my needs when they see me, or come to my house.

Isobel Celine

8. Eating healthily & exercising

I really should get back to doing this, as I've fell off the health wagon lately, due to not buying healthy food as much, but exercising just makes me have a more positive mind and gets me in to mood for being more determined to do things and stay on track, as well as eating healthily, it keeps my head and moods in the right state of mind too.

Isobel Celine

9. Going for walks

There's something about going for a walk that makes me feel so free and happy. It just gives me a break from all the stress, as I try not to look at my phone or iPod whilst out for a walk as I need that physical and mental break from all the stress and pressure I get put under, and going for a walk releases the stress for a while and really helps to motivate me.

Isobel Celine

10. Drawing

I really should get back into this as I used to love drawing, especially when I was in school. I took a GCSE course in Art and my life literally revolved around my art projects. I put so much focus and passion into my work, it just kept me focused and kept my brain thinking of what to draw next etc. It was a mental thing that kept me going and inspired by everyday life and what I could capture within my work. It's really something I should get back into as it made me so happy.

Isobel Celine
*Kimono - Sammy Dress | Crochet Bralet, Hat & Bodychain - Primark (SS15) | Jeans - H&M | Sandals - Hidden Fashion | Bag - Ark Clothing (Shut Down)

What makes you happy?

*Items marked with an asterisk(*) have been kindly gifted for reviewing purposes. All opinions are my own and honest. Please refer to my disclaimer for more information.*

Post a Comment